The Carlile • Macy landscape architecture team consists of eight licensed professionals and two landscape designers. The expertise of the team covers projects from urban development to large-scale mixed-use and residential developments. The services offered by the group include park and athletic field design, streetscape design, creek and wetland restoration, residential and mixed-use planning and design, and presentation graphics.
- Park Design: Carlile • Macy has designed successful and well-loved parks throughout Sonoma County. Integrating sound programming principles and excellent construction detailing, our landscape architects facilitate public participation and community outreach, prepare park master plans and designs for passive and active play areas, playgrounds, picnic areas and play fields. We prepare refined grading and drainage plans, irrigation plans and complex construction details. Through interface with in-house civil engineering staff we also design streets and utility infrastructure often required to serve new parks.
- Athletic Fields: Carlile • Macy has assembled a team of nationally recognized specialists to provide design services to public agency clients. Acting as the lead consultant, Carlile • Macy also provides land surveying and civil engineering services for these projects. We provide detailed in-house site analysis and design, irrigation design, grading and drainage, and construction details. We act as quality-control coordinator and write specifications and detailed cost estimates for park construction.
- Streetscape Design: Our interdisciplinary approach to streetscape design and street renovation creates dynamic, innovative and well-constructed projects. The intricacy of public street design involves the integration of pedestrian, bicycles, public transportation and vehicular traffic in a way that creates a pleasant and engaging public space. The construction design is also intricate and must fit within an existing framework of buildings and other streets, while providing access for disabled persons. Beginning with detailed land surveying through innovative concept design and culminating in a thorough construction plan, Carlile • Macy brings a strong team to the challenge of public streetscape design.
- Creek and Wetland Restoration: Creek and wetland restoration begins with a sensitivity to the natural environment and a willingness to work with the many agencies that govern our regional waterways. Carlile • Macy has the expertise to manage a large team of consultants that are necessary for the design and approval of a creek restoration project including biologists, fishery experts, geo-morphologists, and hydrologists. Familiar with the native riparian plant palette and experienced in creek hydrology, innovative bank stabilization and erosion control techniques, we have created award-winning creek restoration projects and continue to further our understanding in this emerging science.
- Residential and Mixed-Use Planning and Design: Residential projects, including traditional neighborhoods, small-lot subdivisions and mixed-use projects have long been the specialty of our firm. Our landscape architects excel at creating lively and interesting spaces that serve multi-family and residential projects. We have planned and designed award-winning projects such as The Sea Ranch that pioneered working within the unique physical environment of a specific region. We have demonstrated our capability through our inter-disciplinary approach to create value and aesthetic quality for all of our residential projects.
- Presentation Graphics: Utilizing multiple software applications we create dynamic and clear graphical representations of our projects from colored renderings to creative aerial photographic overlays. We also create unique hand and thumbnail sketches, sections, elevations and plan-view graphics to assist our clients in understanding our design through every stage of a project.