Potrero HOPE SF
As a HOPE SF project, Potrero will redevelop a 33 acre public housing project in San Francisco. The project is a partnership between BRIDGE Housing and the Mayor’s Office of Housing which provides for replacing public housing that was originally constructed as temporary workforce housing in the 1940’s and 1950’s at a 1:1 ratio on the site, while allowing additional market rate housing and commercial to be constructed in addition to the new units. The existing site, located on the south side of Potrero Hill, is very steep and the existing public housing has little connection with the surrounding community. Potrero HOPE SF will create a gridded street pattern that will connect the site with the neighborhood. Construction of the first phase began in 2017.
- Establishment of a gridded street pattern to improve the connectivity within the development and with the surrounding neighborhood.
- Extensive grading and earthwork analysis to confirm team’s design assumptions
- Design for replacement of all aging streets and utilities within the project boundaries
- Site analysis and master planning
- Preliminary cost estimating
- Construction documents