The Pacheco Plaza project renovated a 1960’s shopping center with an eye to increasing value to the tenants and foot traffic. Working with the Kieckhefer Company and Dan McDonald Architecture, Carlile Macy provided civil engineering and landscape architecture design. The parking lot was modified to direct drainage away from the front of the anchor tenant space and to introduce landscaped islands throughout the site. The project created a space that can be utilized for a special event such as an art show or a farmers market. A large component of the renovation was the introduction of green/sustainable methods such as bio-treatment swales and permeable paving areas that reduced and treated the run-off from the site.
- Design of parking plaza area that can be partitioned off for special events
- Landscape areas utilized for stormwater treatment and reduce runoff to protect impaired creek
- Enhanced sidewalk areas that can be utilized for outdoor dining
- Common sidewalks modified to meet accessibility requirements
- Planting, irrigation and decorative hardscape design
- Site grading and utility design