ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Carlile ? Macy is a progressive and collaborative multi-disciplinary firm with a broad range of work throughout northern California. From urban planning and design, residential land development, education and healthcare design, athletic facilities and parks, to hospitality and commercial design, our staff of landscape architects, urban planners, civil engineers and land surveyors are committed to responsible and sustainable land planning, design, and development.
Our office in Santa Rosa’s historic railroad square features a comfortable and creative open environment in a beautifully restored historic building. We have been selected as one of Sonoma County’s Best Places to Work for the last 7 years, and were recently voted “Best Design Firm” by the North Bay Business Journal. We are also a certified “Bay Area Green Business”.
Carlile ? Macy pays 100% of the premium cost on employee Health, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance. Upon completion of 6 months employment, a 401k plan is available.
This person works in a multi-disciplinary team environment as landscape architect from preliminary planning stages through construction administration. This position involves project management duties from the writing of proposals to management of budgets and personnel, including professionals from other disciplines. Client contact, management, and marketing skills are required in addition to experience with entitlements processing, resource agency permitting, landscape architectural design, and technical construction practices. Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills are required and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and the Adobe suite are desired.
1. Provide general landscape architectural services through all phases of project design and development, ensuring the team meets quality and projects goals.
2. Work with the project team to clearly and thoroughly document the project design.
3. Sketching, rendering and graphic production of plans.
4. Large-scale land analysis.
5. Site planning, grading, planting, irrigation, design and detailing.
6. Create comprehensive landscape-based storm water management plans.
7. Design and construction document production.
8. Specification writing.
9. Writing of proposals, budgets, and scopes of work.
10. Public hearings and presentations.
11. Marketing and public relations.
12. Construction observation and administration.
13. Management of team personnel and project budgets.
14. Other related duties, as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
1. Strong ability to interpret and effect design direction while respecting constructability, code, and budget issues.
2. In-depth knowledge/understanding of building and zoning codes.
3. Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience.
4. Ability to oversee production and direct other team members.
5. Proficient in current version of AutoCAD.
6. Computer literacy and proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
7. Proven technical skills are required including ability to design, organize, and prepare planting plans, irrigation plans, grading plans, and construction detailing.
8. Skills in GIS production and/or 3D modeling a plus.
9. Excellent communication, graphics, design and organizational skills required.
10. Self-starter with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, to take initiative, to be self-directed, and to manage the work of others on the project teams.
11. Ability to build strong relationships with peers and clients.
12. Drafting and free-hand drawing ability.
13. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
14. Basic knowledge of planning and entitlements process.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A degree in landscape architecture from an accredited university.
2. 10+ years experience in landscape architecture.
3. CA registration as landscape architect.
APPLYING PROCESS: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a letter of interest, resume, and work samples to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.carlilemacy.com