CIVIL ENGINEER - I (ENTRY LEVEL)
POSTING DATE: November 21, 2014
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
START DATE: Early December
We are recruiting a talented CIVIL ENGINEER to join our team. Beautiful work environment. We are a 2014 recipient of the North Bay Best Places to Work Award. We are also a Bay Area Green Business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Carlile • Macy is a multidisciplinary design firm specializing in land development and public infrastructure projects with a commitment to creating sustainable, livable communities. The firm was formed in 1996 by the merger of two long-established Santa Rosa civil engineering firms. Our accomplished staff of civil engineers, urban planners, land surveyors, and landscape architects are dedicated to optimizing land use through responsible and thoughtful design. The firm is expert at balancing client needs with those of the community and environment.
We are located in Northern California approximately 55 miles north of San Francisco in the scenic Sonoma County wine country. Our beautiful city of Santa Rosa was recently named one of the nation’s most livable communities.
Under general supervision, work in a multi-disciplinary team environment in completion of plans, calculations, and design, using various computer aided design. Provide support to the Project Manager in commercial and residential engineering, urban redevelopment, sustainable projects, sports fields and parks, public infrastructures, and construction services throughout the state of California. The position requires strong communication and written skills.
1. Preparation of construction improvement plans and specifications for all types of land development and public works projects.
2. Assist in preparation of Master Plans, Tentative Maps, and Final Maps.
3. Prepare quantity and cost estimates of land development construction.
4. Prepare calculations to support design.
5. Coordinate and process with agencies and clients.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
1. Understanding of land development and surveying skills.
2. Knowledge of AutoCAD Land Desktop 2009 & Civil 3D 2013, preferred.
3. Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Knowledge of water and transportation engineering disciplines.
5. Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
6. Build relationships with project team.
7. Read plans and interpret specifications.
8. Develop, complete and comprehend project schedules.
9. Keep accurate project records.
10. Other related duties, as assigned.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
2. Experience in land development, and construction project experience in civil engineering.
3. EIT Certificate, preferred.
4. Understanding of various regulatory codes, including CBC.
5. Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License.